Password Security

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

abbieveatch

Password Security

Post by abbieveatch »

I am trying to do this for my science fair and I don't understand the computer programming part at all. Is there any way you can help me understand it better?
HowardE
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Password Security

Post by HowardE »

Abbie, can you say what it is about the project that you don't understand? The project is basically two parts - one is looking at the problems of passwords and the math involved. The second is using Python (or another language if you wrote your own code) to try our some guessing algorithms. We can help you understand the math if that's the issue, and offer you a little help with the program if you need it.

If you're a complete novice to programming and this is your first project, you'll want to start slow and just try to get the existing program to work. Then we can talk about how to make simple changes if that's what you want to do.

Writing computer code can be a big jump if you've never done any before. I'd suggest that you also take the time to read through the program and try to understand how it works. Forget the details of programming that Python requires - just think of it as a bunch of general instructions and see how it follows along with the flowcharts in the project description.

Howard

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”