Qbasic

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

SpiritHugz

Qbasic

Post by SpiritHugz »

Hello I'm doing a science fair project on "The effects of card counting on a Simple card game" from this website and it says I have to use a programming software to create a computer simulation that will play thousands of hands of Hi-lLo for each test. and it says it needs a shuffling routine and playing the game.but I never worked with Qbasic before and don't know how to program it to do that.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Qbasic

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello, and welcome to Science Buddies! Learning a programming language today can be extremely useful. The basics of computer programming are common across all languages, and you just need to learn syntax for the specific programming language you wish to use. QBasic is a great language to start in. A simple Google search of "how to program QBasic" will provide an infinite number of tutorials and further information. I found the below one a good introduction to programming and QBasic.
http://fundamentalofcomputing.blogspot. ... ng_16.html

Do some online reading, take a shot at a program to conduct your card shuffling, and certainly write back if you have further questions.

Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”