Delete a file project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

jbthefirst

Delete a file project

Post by jbthefirst »

Has anyone done this without erasing their computer? I tried the windows program recommended and it scrambled my hard drive. It said there were no files recoverable and then it crashed. I rebooted and got a blue screen of death!! Can anyone help? The company said they don't offer assistance unless you buy the product so my mom bought a license and they suggested using a backup.

My english paper for next week is on there. did I lose it? Any help would be apreciated!
eileenrichards
Former Expert

Re: Delete a file project

Post by eileenrichards »

Unfortunately, this wasn't answered before your paper was due. For anyone else that finds themselves in a similar predicament, there are a lot of details missing to diagnose:

* What do you mean delete a "file project" - were you trying to delete a folder on your hard drive? Do you remember the name of the folder that you deleted?
* Which windows program did you try?
* Which version of windows were you using?
* Is your machine still under warranty? Relevant as sometimes, commercially available computers have helpers who can walk you through restoring it from a daily snapshot.

Hopefully, you had enough time to find a backup and/or scramble through a second version of your paper. -ER

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”