Delete a file project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

AlexTheCurious

Delete a file project

Post by AlexTheCurious »

I had the same problem with this project as jbthefirst did except for me at least it was the school's computer and not mine. I asked the teacher if I could try this experiment and she said it was okay. I installed the Recuva thing. After it ran, the screen went black. I tried to reboot the computer and it said there was no operating system.

I was looking for help here to see if anyone else had a fix for this so I could try it again, but I see that other people have had the same problem. It's funny that the expert doesn't know there's a project here on deleting files. Our school has some software that restores machines in case we infect them so it was easy to fix that one I broke. No one should try this at home though.
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Delete a file project

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Alex,
Sorry for the delayed response. I tried the project and everything seemed to work ok for me.

Just out of curiosity, can you clarify what happened after Recuva was installed? Were you running the program to just recovered the one file and then the scan freezes everything? There was a statement on the software website that says that some anti-virus software have been flagging this program as a virus so it could be that could be the source of the issue.

At any rate, please send more information on your computer configuration (type of hard drive, operating system, anti-virus program, and the version of the Recuva that was downloaded.) In the mean time, if Recuva is causing the issue, you can also try one of recovery software in the list or use another one found on google.
https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-reco ... ls-2622893

Good Luck!
Willey

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”