Hi sciencenic -
I wrote the new code in IDLE on my computer (Windows 10) and it opens and runs fine. I also had a colleague run it in IDLE on a Mac and it worked there. Any more information you could provide about problems with the new code would be appreciated - this might help us track down the problem and figure out if other people will encounter it:
- What program are you using to open the code? (IDLE or another text editor?)
- What version of Python/IDLE? This was written and tested in Python 3.6.1, I am not sure if it will work in Python 2.
- In IDLE, if you go to Options -> Configure IDLE, on the first tab ("Fonts/Tabs"), what is the "Indentation Width" set to? Mine is set to the Python standard (4 spaces).
- What operating system are you using?
- Do you get any on-screen error messages when you try to open it? If so, can you paste their text into a comment here?
- If the code does open, is the indentation messed up? Can you upload a screenshot of the code (or email it to email@example.com
if you can't upload an image attachment to the forum).
In the meantime - I tried to upload the old code here but the forum won't take .py file extensions. If you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, we should be able to reply and send you the code. (Do not post your contact information in the forums).
Thanks, and hope we can get this sorted out.