Need a Catchy Name for Science Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

e9148cf1ee824458b0d164bf7a920a28

Need a Catchy Name for Science Project

Post by e9148cf1ee824458b0d164bf7a920a28 »

I am a 10th Grade Student, and I have chosen my project in the field of robotics.

My Project is about constructing and coding a robot, that will be able to map out the topography of any foreign terrain (room). I am using an arduino processor, which will control all the components of the robot. 4 DC Motors will be mounted to make it mobile. The robot will sense obstacles with a collision detection module attached to the front. Placed at a random area in the room, the robot will start mapping out the landscape, and in the end it will record the coordinates of the obstacles it hit.

I need a catchy project title for this contraption. So far, I have thought of these.

1. Robotopography
2. Stride and Seek

I have also tried listing out all the words I can use to make a catchy phrase, but I could only make the two I have listed above.

1. Mapping
2. Topography
3. Cartography
4. Robot
5. Machine
6. Android
7. Automatic
8. Coordinate
9. Terrain
10. Mapper
11. Rover

Please think of some catchy ideas, and post a comment below. If you can't think of a creative title, atleast post a few words that you think would be useful to form a creative project title. Thanks, in advance.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need a Catchy Name for Science Project

Post by MadelineB »

Thank you for patiently waiting for help! I hope there's still time. This is a fascinating project and I hope you let us know how you do at the science fair. Here's a wild idea for a title - "Mapping things that go bump in the (night)" -- or maybe you want to use "day" instead of "night"? Good luck!
e9148cf1ee824458b0d164bf7a920a28

Re: Need a Catchy Name for Science Project

Post by e9148cf1ee824458b0d164bf7a920a28 »

Really appreciate the help to find a new Science project name, but I already came up with a name. It's -MAPPER: Manuvering Auto Plane-Plotting Exploration Rover- . It's an Acronym. I like your idea too.

Thank you

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”