SQL Injection Attack Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

hmartin2005

SQL Injection Attack Project

Post by hmartin2005 »

Hello,

I'm trying complete the Preventing SQL Injection project.

I have figured out how to login without a password and see all users, but I can NOT figure out how to add, remove records into the table. I know it is embedding a subquery into the SQL statement, but I need some help. I know the SQL to INSERT a record, but I can't make this work.

Please help with some ideas.

Thank you.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: SQL Injection Attack Project

Post by MadelineB »

Hello and welcome to Science Buddies,

Congratulations on being able to access the test website without a password.

The best way to learn how to add, delete records will be to work through the SQL tutorials at the Code Academy and Khan Academy as described in the Background section. Review the other references listed in that section to see how SQL injection works.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... background

Let us know if those tutorials and references help! Thank you.
hmartin2005

Catchy SQL project title idea (due Monday!)

Post by hmartin2005 »

Hi!!

Can someone please help?? It's due Monday!! :!:

i am having trouble coming up with a science fair project title. i finished my project "Preventing SQL injection attacks," but i can't come up with a creative title. it is due on Monday (science fair board and everything to go with it-including my abstract memorized!) so please get back with me quickly!!

Thanks,
Hannah M.
Student

Moderator note: I merged this post with the topic from your previous posts. Please keep your posts in the same thread so the expert who has been helping you can see that you have follow-up questions. Thank you!
MadelineB

Post by MadelineB »

Hi Hannah,
Congratulations on completing this project! At the high school science fair level, judges aren't really looking for "catchy" or "creative" titles. They are more interested in a title that describes the goal of your project and what you accomplished.

So a straightforward title would be best - something like: "SQL attacks and how to prevent them."

Hope that helps! Good luck at the fair!
hmartin2005

Post by hmartin2005 »

MadelineB wrote:Hi Hannah,
Congratulations on completing this project! At the high school science fair level, judges aren't really looking for "catchy" or "creative" titles. They are more interested in a title that describes the goal of your project and what you accomplished.

So a straightforward title would be best - something like: "SQL attacks and how to prevent them."

Hope that helps! Good luck at the fair!

Thank you for responding!! I am actually in 7th grade. i stepped up to this difficult because i love coding and the topic. Part of our grade is creativity, and my classmates are all creating a fun and catchy title for their project.

Any ideas would would help. I know your time is valuable.

Thanks for your help
Hannah M.
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi Hannah - What ideas have you come up with for your title? Seeing the kinds of titles you are thinking about might help others see if they have any suggestions. I bet you have some really good ideas already. Writing them down can help you see which ones you really like, too.

Amy
Science Buddies
hmartin2005

Post by hmartin2005 »

AmyCowen wrote:Hi Hannah - What ideas have you come up with for your title? Seeing the kinds of titles you are thinking about might help others see if they have any suggestions. I bet you have some really good ideas already. Writing them down can help you see which ones you really like, too.

Amy
Science Buddies
Thanks for the idea!! Science fair is actually over. it was Monday (yesterday). My official title was "Stopping Attacks Dead in their Tracks" i think the judges liked it because i got 3rd place. thank you so much for responding!!

Much appreciation,
Hannah M.
7th grade
MadelineB

Post by MadelineB »

Hi Hannah and congratulations on getting 3rd place!

Like most of the experts here at Science Buddies, I've judged a lot of science fair projects. I am sure that your 3rd place is based on the content and display and your discussion with the judges, not the catchy title!

Congratulations on your winning project!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”