Finding Project/Idea/Field for Science Fair

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

brindhaaa

Finding Project/Idea/Field for Science Fair

Post by brindhaaa »

Hello there!

My name is Brindha Srivatsav and I am a rising sophomore (as of this fall). I did Science Research in my freshman year and my project was in the Environmental Engineering field. For my project last year, I built three different microbial fuel cells and tested which level of nitrogen affected the overall output (electricity output) the most.

However, this year, I want to plan ahead for my project and complete most of it during the summer so that I don't have to worry about it during the school year. I am highly interested in the STEM field (last year the only reason I decided to go with that project instead of others was mostly because of the building/testing aspect). I understand that there are so many different fields of STEM, but I honestly have no ideas for what my project should be about.

If someone could please help me brainstorm any ideas for my project and mentor me throughout the way, that would be extremely helpful.

**I also don't know Java or really any programming languages, but I know most of the fundamentals of programming (I took AP Computer Science Principles), so I should be able to work with coding to some extent in my project.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Finding Project/Idea/Field for Science Fair

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello, and welcome to Science Buddies! We have a Topic Selection Wizard that can help you brainstorm. You can filter based on your interests, time allowed, difficulty, and other attributes. Check it out and see if that gives you some ideas. Feel free to write back if you have further questions. Good luck!

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... round-info

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”