two questions

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

comTi-84
Project Question: Where are the best place to find other games made with Javascript that show you how to build? How do you minpulate sound of a man to sound like a womans?
Project Due Date: 2/2/09
Project Status: I am conducting my research

two questions

Post by comTi-84 »

Does anyone know of a good website for showing you how to make games other then tic-tac-toe with javascript? What is the best way and free program to change a sound file of a man to be a woman
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: two questions

Post by mpphlipot »

It looks like javascript.internet.com has tons of JavaScript programs with source code. They have them grouped by category and one of the categories is games. Now these won't exactly show you *how* to make a game, but they will be great examples of techniques you can use to create a unique game of your own. Note that they say their games scripts are among the most complicated they have on their site so it may be useful to look around for simpler samples that show basic techniques.

As for changing a mans voice to a woman, how would you know? I’ve met several men who sound like women and vice versa. :) I’m not an audio expert but my guess is you need a tool that modifies the tone or pitch of the source material. I recommend you post this question to the Physical Science forum and see if any of their experts can comment on the audio properties that you want to fiddle with to bring about the gender perception.

As for tools you could use to change the audio file, I suggest you do an internet search for audio manipulation software or audio editing software. A favorite site of mine for locating software tools is www.download.com. They have a large variety of freeware and shareware and some of them may work for you.

Mike
comTi-84
Project Question: Where are the best place to find other games made with Javascript that show you how to build? How do you minpulate sound of a man to sound like a womans?

sound like woman but was a man before minipulation

Post by comTi-84 »

What is the best way and free program to change a sound file of a man to be a woman?
ChrisG
Former Expert

Post by ChrisG »

Hi,
I am merging your two topics. Please try to keep related posts in the same topic so that experts can keep track of what you are doing and what help has been offered.
For audio editing, I'm a fan of Audacity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Good luck,
Chris
comTi-84

Post by comTi-84 »

ok then what the best way to make vocie female? tell me in details. What the best place javascript games building
mpphlipot
Former Expert

Post by mpphlipot »

Hi comTi-84,
Much of the fun of a science project is experimenting and learning from the results. I’ve heard lots of good things about the Audacity editor that Chris mentioned. You could use it to try a couple things such as:
- Record a man and a woman reading the same text and use Audacity to graphically display the waveforms. Compare the differences and hypothesize how they are different.
- Play around with some of the special effects in Audacity. I’ll bet in a short amount of time you can find a combination that gives you the result you’re looking for.

There certainly are books available that try to teach how to program games. Similarly, there are books that are JavaScript tutorials. But I have my doubts that there is a single website or book that will give you a complete how-to on building games with JavaScript. You never know, though, without doing some exploration.

Mike

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”