SCRATCH - HOW DO I END THE GAME?

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

dsur
Project Question: I have chosen "Want to make a video game" and we are in week 4 of the project.
We are on the protion for writing our hypothesis - what is or is there a hypothesis for this topic, "Want to make a video game"?
"
Project Due Date: Jan 2010 but have weekly assignments as steps to theproject starting Sept 09
Project Status: I am conducting my research

SCRATCH - HOW DO I END THE GAME?

Post by dsur »

PLEASE HELP FIX MY SCIENCE PROJECT.
ON THE BASIC SCRATCH GAME - THE DOG CHASING THE CAT- THE GAME SHOULD END WHEN THE DOG TOUCHES THE CAT RIGHT? BUT HOW DO I END THE GAME - THE DOG AND CAT HIT EACH OTHER AND THE GAME CONTINUES AND DOES NOT STOP.
I'M NOT SURE IF I NEED TO SET UP TOE MOTION PATTERNS DIFFERENT?
CAN YOU ALSO SEND MOTION SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?
THANK YOU -DAVID
[e-mail deleted by moderator]
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: SCRATCH - HOW DO I END THE GAME?

Post by mpphlipot »

Hi David,
This looks like a very fun project. I think I need some more information before I can give you any suggestions. I read the Science Buddies project description and there is a specific section on "programming the end of the game". It has some suggestions and hints about what you need to do to end the game. Have you tried those things?

By the way, it looks like the forum moderator removed your email address from your original posting. We really don't want email addresses on this forum. That policy helps protect the identities of everyone involved. So please avoid putting your email address in here in the future.

Mike
grai
Former Expert
Project Question: To utilize my strengths in math and science and to help those students who have questions in these areas for their science projects.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: SCRATCH - HOW DO I END THE GAME?

Post by grai »

Hi David,

If you are still having troubled with ending the game, there is a tutorial on YouTube.
Here is the URL:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXQxsPnywel

I've used Scratch before and found this video helpful.

Good luck!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”