Most effective control mechanisms 4 multi-flvr bevrg machin

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

nanners
Project Question: Subject: Which control mechanism for selecting flavor is most effective for a (4 flavor) home soda dispenser? 3 choices are: knob that turns gears to select flavor(bottle), button push activating electric rotating of flavors(bottles), and slide control to select different flavors(bottles remain stationary). --We cannot find research on these types of mechanisms that are used as controls to move/select something. Can you help?
Project Due Date: 2/02/1014
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Most effective control mechanisms 4 multi-flvr bevrg machin

Post by nanners »

Subject: Which control mechanism for selecting flavor is most effective for a (4 flavor) home soda dispenser? 3 choices are: knob that turns gears to select flavor(bottle), button push activating electric rotating of flavors(bottles), and slide control to select different flavors(bottles remain stationary). --We cannot find any research on these types of mechanisms that are used as controls to move/select something. Can you help?
kgudger
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Most effective control mechanisms 4 multi-flvr bevrg mac

Post by kgudger »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

When I read your question, I'm confused about whether you're asking which type of control consumers prefer, or which type "works best". You would need to post in a behavioral sciences forum about the first one. As to which "works best", that is also somewhat subjective. I see this as an engineering question. In the working world, many engineering questions are driven by the market (see above), but if all else is equal, then cost and reliability drive the decision. In terms of cost, you can figure this out for your preferred options. Researching reliability may be a little more difficult. Please let us know what you are trying to figure out.

Best, Keith

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”