Magnet science fair project name help

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

supernova_mentor

Magnet science fair project name help

Post by supernova_mentor »

My son is putting together his display for his 3rd grade science fair project. He tested whether the physical size of a magnet effected the size of its magnetic field and its overall strength. We need a catchy name for the project. I initially thought of "Does size matter?" but my wife seems to think this might be taken as adult humor and frowned upon. Any thoughts or suggestions of other more G rated titles? Thanks
eedoherty
Former Expert

Re: Magnet science fair project name help

Post by eedoherty »

Hi there,

In my experience, most judges at science fairs aren't looking for "catchy" titles, judges would prefer to see the title show the question/hypothesis that the project is all about.

Your idea is a great start to this, but perhaps being more specific about what size you are varying would help avoid the potential adult humor aspect. For this project, you could ask "Does magnet size matter?" or "Does size determine magnet strength?", etc. A great thing to do would be to ask your son to think about what he did and ask the question in his own words.

Hope that helps!

Erin

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”