What do I name these units?

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Akmncali

What do I name these units?

Post by Akmncali »

I am having an issue understanding how to convert my results from the electrolyte challenge to the information needed in the project.

The information I have is inconsistent with the data others got, but I think I know why. Some of my solutions were expired products. I have discussed it with the teacher. She said to keep the data but explain why  I feel the results may be incorrect. At any rate, these were my findings. Can you tell me what the units are for my findings? I used a 9V battery which showed 8.47V on the multimeter.

Dist. H2O - 0.00
O.J. - 0.18
Gatorade - 0.21
Pedialyte - 0.44
Rockstar - 0.13
Reign - 0.21
Coconut H2O - 0.75

Thank you for any help you can give me..
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: What do I name these units?

Post by bfinio »

Hi - the units of your measurements depend on what you had your multimeter set to when you took the measurements. Did you purchase the Science Buddies kit do to this project, with the red DT830L multimeter? If so, and you followed the directions, then all of your measurements except the distilled water should have been made with the dial set to "200m" as shown in Figure 6 of the procedure, which means your readings were in milliamps (mA). For distilled water we recommend putting the dial in 200µ, or microamps (µA), because the current is smaller, as shown in Figure 5.
terryyyy

Re: What do I name these units?

Post by terryyyy »

Hello! I totally agree with you! I work as a writer at an educational website so I can only confirm your thoughts.

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”