Fractal Dimensions and RGB Light

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

proscience
Project Question: Engineering/Biomimicry
Project Due Date: October 2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Fractal Dimension

Post by proscience »

Can someone pleas explain what a fractal dimension numerical value represents? What is it used for? Does red, green, and blue light affect fractal patterns or fractal dimensions? If so, what does it do?

Thanks!
proscience
Project Question: Engineering/Biomimicry
Project Due Date: October 2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Fractal Dimensions and RGB Light

Post by proscience »

Can someone please explain what a fractal dimension is? What is the numerical value used for? Does red, green, and blue LED lights affect fractal patterns?
drowningfish
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Fractal Dimensions and RGB Light

Post by drowningfish »

Hello,

I think you should post this question in a different forum because this topic seems beyond elementary school level math.

Fractal dimension is basically an index used to quantify the complexity of fractal patterns. The numerical value tells us what dimension the fractal is in--whether is it one dimensional like a length or two dimensional like an area or somewhere in between--a fractional dimension.

Anyway, here is a helpful video that explains the concept of and how to calculate the fractal dimension very well that I think most people will be able to understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-csmdpq39A

I hope this is helpful for part of your question. I do not know what you mean by RGB light affecting fractals though.

Return to “Grades K-5: Math and Computer Science”