A Question ISEF Mentors

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

enc12341

A Question ISEF Mentors

Post by enc12341 »

How far ahead of ISEF should I start looking for and contacting potential mentors? I'm in HK and the deadline of application and submission for ISEF projects is on the 13th of November as of 2017 (not sure about this year). So how far ahead of the deadline should I start looking for mentors? On May or June? When exactly?
nguyenmccarty
Former Expert
Project Question: Ask an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: A Question ISEF Mentors

Post by nguyenmccarty »

Hi! When I competed in ISEF, I had been working with my mentor for almost two years. Science research is exciting and rewarding but often progresses slowly, so I would recommend reaching out to potential mentors and starting work with them as soon as possible. The more time you've been working on your project, the better your chances of having something exciting to present at ISEF. Good luck, and feel free to write back with more questions!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”