Physicist Career Details

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Victor_Bezak
Project Question: I need to ask a question about a career in science.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Physicist Career Details

Post by Victor_Bezak »

Hi, I'm doing a paper for school that will ultimately help me build a resume for my preferred life career. I'd like to be a Physicist and for the paper, I need to know what kind of health benefits being a Physicist might entitle you to. I can't find this information online anywhere so I thought I would ask here. Thanks for your help.
theborg
Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A

Re: Physicist Career Details

Post by theborg »

Victor_Bezak,

Unfortunately you probably aren't going to find anything about health benifits for Physicists explicitly. These type of benifits would come as part of the compensation package (i.e. annual pay, retirement, health, leave/vacation days, etc...) from whatever institution you work for. A well funded organization is going to provide more for it's employees, a smaller org is going to be able to provide less.

For example, if you became a physics professor for a university then you would receive health benefits provided for employees of that particular institution. Same if you went to work for a private company (say in an R&D Lab) you would get health care in accordance with that companies policies. If you joined the military (i'm speaking for the United States) you could be an officer assigned as a scientist and/or physisist, then your health care would be completely covered with access to military base clinics and hospitals all over the world.

I would suggest researching what type of institution you would want to work for as a physist, i.e. public or private, university or industry, etc..., and research what the standards of health benifits and packages are provided/offered.
Hope this helps.

theborg
----------
Science Buddies science fair guide:
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_guide_index.shtml

Science Buddies project ideas:
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas.shtml
Ggipunjab
Project Question: I am a student and doing the civil engineering and i have some queries about my study..
Project Due Date: 17 july
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by Ggipunjab »

Thanks for suggesting to what things we can add in our Physicist resume to make it more professional..
Find and search B.Tech colleges in Punjab
Website - http://ggi.ac.in/btech_it.html
violahearz
Project Question: hypertension research
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by violahearz »

A lot of doctor friends whom you can always consult or exchange opinions is one of the benefits too.
Ggipunjab
Project Question: I am a student and doing the civil engineering and i have some queries about my study..
Project Due Date: 17 july
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by Ggipunjab »

yes this is right you will get the health benefits according that company and institute where you will work..
Find and search B.Tech colleges in Punjab
Website - http://ggi.ac.in/btech_it.html

Return to “Careers in Science”