Coaxial(RG59) to Twisted pair(RJ45) Cable

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

shemks
Project Question: Am working on a project of tapping Internet waves off my TV satellite TV Dish, how ever I need to terminate an RG59 cable with a BNC(input) on one end and an RJ45(output) on the other end but would like help on how to determine know which lines to connect on the negative and positive terminals of the RG59.
Project Due Date: April 29th 2013
Project Status: I am just starting

Coaxial(RG59) to Twisted pair(RJ45) Cable

Post by shemks »

Am working on a project of tapping Internet waves off my TV satellite Dish, however I need to terminate an RG59 cable with a BNC(input) on one end and an RJ45(output) on the other end but would like help on how to determine and know which lines to connect on the negative and positive terminals of the RG59.

Is there any one with an Idea about this because I looked for this cable or Adapter on market and could not find on yet is is what I want to use. Yes I know there are alternate cables to use probably but please help me do this my self.

Thank you

Shemks
rmarz
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Coaxial(RG59) to Twisted pair(RJ45) Cable

Post by rmarz »

shemks - Not sure what you want to do, but there seem to be many RG-59 to RJ-45 adapters available. Attached link is an example. One thing to be aware of, your satellite system uses control voltages over the RG-59 or RG-6 feeds to control the signal switching in the LNB. It's not like a passive coax system that can use splitters et al to distribute signals. Look up diplexers, LNB functions etc to understand the nature of satellite signal distribution and switching.

Rick Marz

http://www.dvrmaster.com/product-753-ca ... apter.html
shemks
Project Question: Am working on a project of tapping Internet waves off my TV satellite TV Dish, how ever I need to terminate an RG59 cable with a BNC(input) on one end and an RJ45(output) on the other end but would like help on how to determine know which lines to connect on the negative and positive terminals of the RG59.

Wiring A PID CD701, Heater, Thermalcouplea and a SSR.

Post by shemks »

Hi there

Am designing a simple chicken egg incubator for home use, I have a 3A Solid state relay. 4 70Watt lamps as my heat source, a K type thermocouple,and a PID temperature regulator, am find it a challenge connecting these to work properly.
Lately I have tiried hacking the PID so as to connect the SSR to it but the PID wont regulate the temperature as set to it.
can some one help me out there. circuit diagrams or schematics are also welcome.
I got the information from: //www.growyourownfood.com.au/poultry/chickensix.htm
shemks

Re: Coaxial(RG59) to Twisted pair(RJ45) Cable

Post by shemks »

R Marz thank you

Return to “Careers in Science”