Looking for information about starting a project.

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

deleted-596791

Looking for information about starting a project.

Post by deleted-596791 »

Hello, I'm honestly not sure where to start asking questions like this, I'm also going to be taking a trip to my local university to see if they can answer some questions too, however I have something that I want to try. I don't want to give too much information in a public place about it. It has to do with extracting a substance from something and comparing it.

I know what I want to do, and what my end goal is, I don't know how to start though. I have a vague idea of the process and a strong confidence in what my results will be, I don't have the tools, or even know what tools I may need for this process though.

So, my questions are these:
I do not have a degree in anything, this is more I'm curious than anything and I want to find the answer for it. Is it possible for me to pursue this?
If so, what are my first steps? Is there a lab that I can rent, or someone that I can hire to assist me with this?
What sort of things should I prepare for? The costs and what not?
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Looking for information about starting a project.

Post by MadelineB »

Hello,
The Ask the Expert forums are for students in grades K-12 who are doing science projects. You are registered as an adult, so your questions are not appropriate for these forums. There are other websites on the internet where your questions will be more appropriate. Thank you.

Return to “Careers in Science”