Food Science Help

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Mpe123

Food Science Help

Post by Mpe123 »

Hi
I unfortunately haven't studied much science in school.I am thinking of being a food scientist that develops new ready-meal products in a sustainable way.
1st of all thank you for providing the career information on your website & this forum.
I am looking for resources for a beginner (preferably free) and also wondering how to know if this is the right career for me,(I'm unsure if I even like chemistry) I like the things Modernist Cuisine has created but being a food scientist is different to being a chef(I do not want to be a chef) and general interest in new cooking methods.. is probably quite different than working in a factory/lab...
Any advice & recommendations on where to start would be much appreciated! (even general advice on knowing which career one is suited for..)
Thanks!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Food Science Help

Post by MadelineB »

Hello,
You are registered as an adult and it looks like you are looking for career advice. The Ask the Expert forums are for students in grades K-12 who are doing science experiments. Thank you.

Return to “Careers in Science”