Need help?

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Arielee

Need help?

Post by Arielee »

Hi
I unfortunately haven't studied much science in school.I am thinking of being a food scientist that develops new ready-meal products in a sustainable way.
1st of all thank you for providing the career information on your website & this forum.
I am looking for resources for a beginner (preferably free) and also wondering how to know if this is the right career for me,(I'm unsure if I even like chemistry) I like the things Modernist Cuisine has created but being a food scientist is different to being a chef(I do not want to be a chef) and general interest in new cooking methods.. is probably quite different than working in a factory/lab...
Any advice & recommendations on where to start would be much appreciated! (even general advice on knowing which career one is suited for..)
Thanks!
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need help?

Post by AmyCowen »

It sounds like you may have already looked at the Career Profiles at Science Buddies, but just in case, definitely take a look at this one:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... chnologist

If you click to the project idea tab, you will see a number of projects that someone who pursues that career might be interested in. You might want to experiment with some of those projects to see if you enjoy it.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Careers in Science”