Not sure what direction to go in.

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

shayc20

Not sure what direction to go in.

Post by shayc20 »

Hello, my name is shay i'm 20 and in the air force and i have always been interested in science I've aced every exam in chemistry biology you name it without even trying just because i learned so my by myself out of school just researching new and cool things. I've always wanted to do anything in the science field because i love all of it, but now i'm grown up (ish) and its time to decide what exactly i want to do and go to college and get that degree. I'm stuck right there though because I really want to do something cool and help be a part of making something new and awesome or help discover something and when i look up careers or even job opportunities for the careers i have an eye on they are all desk jobs at some soap factory or pharmaceutical company and i don't want that, i have looked at engineering careers as well because i realize they are more of the hands on people. Any help would be greatly appreciated i know i kinda droned on.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Not sure what direction to go in.

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Shay,

The Ask the Expert forums are for students in grades K-12 who are doing hands-on science projects. But you are welcome to explore the resources available on this website. Look at the tabs at the top of the page, particularly "Science Careers" and "Project Guide."

Return to “Careers in Science”