Neuroscience or Microbiology

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

opelacrali6

Neuroscience or Microbiology

Post by opelacrali6 »

So I'm currently studying an undergraduate degree in biology and I'm really interested in how the brain and nervous system works and also have found my microbiology modules really interesting but need to look into it more. I'd quite like to explore the link between the gut microbiome and neurological diseases, for this what would I have to take as my postgraduate degree (neuroscience or microbiology). Also anyone who has done either neuroscience or microbiology any words of wisdom about a research career in these fields and whether or not you enjoy it?
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Neuroscience or Microbiology

Post by MadelineB »

The Ask the Expert forums are for students in grades K-12 and their parents and teachers. However, you are welcome to explore the online resources - for example, here's a link to a page describing careers in microbiology:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... obiologist

Feel free to use the search function at the top right of the page to look for information about careers in neuroscience.

Thank you,
Madeline

Return to “Careers in Science”