Career path in science

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Rebekamaikalson

Career path in science

Post by Rebekamaikalson »

Hey guys,

Does anyone know usual career paths in science (especially biotech) or can maybe recommend an article about this type of stuff? I'm looking for something that outlines the horizontal (promotions) and vertical (different job types) possibilities. For example, after an undergraduate degree the usual jobwork would be X, the typical highest job you could achieve is Y. Typically this takes Z years with many/less job changes in different companies. The main focus is lab work/office work/team management/project management... As postgraduate the usual work would be.... After a promotion.... After a postdoc...etc It would be nice if the differences between academia and industry would also be pointed out. I know that is a lot to ask to write for someone, that is why I would be very happy to just get a bunch of articles recommended. Time for setting some goals..especially when there are some resolutions to be made in the near future. Thanks!
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Career path in science

Post by AmyCowen »

You may want to look at profiles here in the STEM Careers area. They include some of the information you are talking about, but keep in mind these resources have been developed specifically for K-12 students.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/search?v ... technology

You can find other forums online where you will likely find more detailed information or information from people in the field.

Amy
Science Buddies
Rebekamaikalson

Re: Career path in science

Post by Rebekamaikalson »

AmyCowen wrote:You may want to look at profiles here in the STEM Careers area. They include some of the information you are talking about, but keep in mind these resources have been developed specifically for K-12 students.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/search?v ... technology

You can find other forums online where you will likely find more detailed information or information from people in the field.

Amy
Science Buddies
wow! Is this a book series with many more other industries or specified for biotech? Looks like I have something to read for the next days =) Thank you very much!

Continue this thread

[[Administrator note: spam link inserted has been removed.]]

Return to “Careers in Science”