Computer Hardware Engineer Interview

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

supermegaman
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Computer Hardware Engineer Interview

Post by supermegaman »

Hello, my name is Gabriel. I'm not really sure if I should be asking questions here, since I'm new, but it's worth a try to ask and see since I'm running out of time. I see your career lists has Computer Hardware Engineer in it's list for computers, so I wanted to see if you guys can answer a few questions for my report, since my teacher wants us to pick a career we are interested in and I am really interested in Computer Hardware Engineer as my career. This site is also looks very nice and really as nice info to look into, which I would I'm gonna need for future projects/reports. So far I do like the site though. Well If you can answer these questions I would really be glad and happy knowing a little about the career I might end up picking. You don't have to really answer all of them just some to help in my report. Just need first name and would like to ask permission to use the info. Thanks in advance :D.

Your Name:
Job Title:
Company of Employment:
Hours & Wages:

1. What type of education was required to obtain your position? How long did that take?
2. Do you have any other certificates/training that is required for you position?
3. What interested you the most about working in this field? How long have you been in this career?
4. What are your duties and responsibilities?
5. Can you give me a brief synopsis of what a typical day is like for you at work?
6. What is the most challenging aspect of your work? Easiest or most enjoyable?
7. Does your company provide benefits and retirement? Can you tell me about them?
8. Is there anything else you would like to share about your position?
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Computer Hardware Engineer Interview

Post by amyc »

Hi - I am sorry that an Expert was not available to answer your questions for your career report. We don't always have volunteers on hand that can respond to interview requests. I hope you were able to use the information on the Science Buddies Science Careers profile: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... c001.shtml

There is a link in that profile to an interview with someone in the field.

Good luck!

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Careers in Science”