Animals (need answers quick)

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Starberry987
Project Question: animals
Project Due Date: in more then a month
Project Status: I am just starting

Animals (need answers quick)

Post by Starberry987 »

hi im looking for a science fair project with animals (cats,dogs,horses,chickens,rosters,birds,ect) and i was wandering if anybody had any ideas? :roll: :lol: :P :D thx
Star
Starberry987
Project Question: animals
Project Due Date: in more then a month
Project Status: I am just starting

QUICK ANSWERS ABOUT ANIMAL TOPICS!!! THX

Post by Starberry987 »

i need quick help like now im running out of time and ideas so if anyone out there in this world has any random,smart,and fun ideas about animals i need them now
thx
Star
kgudger
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Animals (need answers quick)

Post by kgudger »

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Please do not cross post in multiple forums. I've combined your posts into one, and left it in "Getting Ready for the Science Fair" (although you may wish to move it to "Life Sciences".)

Have you tried the Science Buddies Project Ideas page? https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... deas.shtml. Please start there and get back to us if you have any specific questions.

Keith
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi Star,

Welcome to Science Buddies!

I see that Keith has helpfully provided you will a link to the project ideas on this website. We have lots of ideas for zoology science fair projects. Here is a link to the list of the zoolofy projects:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... logy.shtml

Why don’t you look through the list until you find something that looks interesting? Then, be sure to read through the procedure to make sure you can do the experiment. Also you should read the bibliography and search for more information from scientific sources to learn as much about the topic as possible. This process should help you develop a unique question that you can answer with a carefully controlled experiment.

I have some precautions about selecting a project. If you select a project using vertebrate animals, you will need to check with your local scientific review committee to get approval to proceed with the project. Ask you teacher more about this, if necessary.

Also, if you select an insect project, make sure you can provide an environment that is at least 65 degrees Fahrenheit until the experiment is completed. Every winter I judge insect projects with no results, and these projects do not do as well at the Science Fair as projects that do have results. Projects with Daphnia or earthworms, for example, are easier to do in cooler weather so these projects are usually more successful.

What projects have you been considering? What are you interested in doing for a science project?

Donna Hardy
FALIYHAN
Project Question: WHICH STAIN REMOVER WORKS THE BEST ON STAINS
Project Due Date: NOVEMBER 15,2012
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by FALIYHAN »

WHY ARE CATS BORN WITH THIER EYES CLOSED

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”