Science Fair Project Help!!!

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

saphire1132
Project Question: How Many Numbers Can You Remeber?
Project Due Date: 2/10/14
Project Status: I am just starting

Science Fair Project Help!!!

Post by saphire1132 »

Hi so my project is 'How Many Numbers Can You Remember?' I really need help with the research report. I already started it but I hate what I wrote so far. So please help. Here is the beginning of my research report. If you want to look...I guess. :?

Not everyone can remember every piece of information given to them. Some people might remember the first twenty numbers of pi or some might only remember their address. One thing that we all have in common is that the information is I stored in our memory. Memory is a mental facility that stores and remembers information. One branch of memory that is always used is the memory span. The memory span is the capacity of remembering five to ten things.

The average number of things one person can remember is seven. Some might remember just five or up to nine without using special tricks. Some of the special tricks might involve saying things out loud, separating things in group, color, or even by shape.
janet41
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Science Fair Project Help!!!

Post by janet41 »

A science fair report follows a very specific outline. There is an example right here at Science Buddies.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... port.shtml

If you are struggling with your introductory paragraphs, type the outline into your word processor and start with easier sections, such as your materials list or procedure, then go back to the introduction later. Once you get going, it really is just a more detailed version of what you have on your science fair backboard. The introduction and abstract are actually easiest to write last, rather than first.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”