Hypothesis...which one is better?

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

bandgeek711
Project Question: I need to do research
Project Due Date: January 26th
Project Status: I am just starting

Hypothesis...which one is better?

Post by bandgeek711 »

hello there,

I need help on which structured hypothesis is better? I was looking online and found TWO sentences and I don't know which one to pick!

1) if [ I do this ], then this will happen... OR

2) I predict that this will happen because based on blah bla blah

so, if anyone is willing to help me then HELP ME! haha lol just kidding but seriously I need help!

bandgeek711
Photography_Gurl
Project Question: What is the question for the "Digital Photos and Dynamic Range" Science Fair Project?
Project Due Date: 12/31/14

Re: Hypothesis...which one is better?

Post by Photography_Gurl »

Hello bandgeek711!

For my hypothesis, I used the first option, but changed the words a little. I think the second hypothesis is not as good because it doesn't have "If I do this." The "If I do this" is referring to the Project Question, which is what the Hypothesis is answering, and it makes it more clear for people to read. Here is my hypothesis for the Digital Photos and Dynamic Range project: "When I decrease the shutter speed, the average pixel gray level will decrease as well". So basically, use this format: When I [do this], [this will happen]
Hope I helped!

~Photography_Gurl
bandgeek711
Project Question: I need to do research
Project Due Date: January 26th

Re: Hypothesis...which one is better?

Post by bandgeek711 »

thanks!

this helped me a lot,

bandgeek711

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”