Science project data and graph

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

maryam81
Project Question: Effect of BPA
Project Due Date: March 2015
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Science project data and graph

Post by maryam81 »

Hello,
My son's project is which drink raise the blood pressure the most. The drinks we are experimenting are Pepsi, Sprite, Cole and Water.
can anyone tell me about any excel sheet format or any app or any data programme which we can use for his experiment ?

Thanks.
HowardE
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Science project data and graph

Post by HowardE »

Most if not all of the office products will offer you a spreadsheet and let you turn your data into a chart. Microsoft Office with Excel is a good choice. If you don't have that, Open Office is good and free, and you can use Google's online tools at docs.google.com with your Google account.

After you enter and manipulate your data, you simply highlight your data and create/insert a chart.

Do you have some specific questions about using a spreadsheet or did you just want to generally if something like Excel was the right tool for the job? It is, and the free alternatives work just as well in most cases.

Howard

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”