Continuing a project.

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

kw10
Project Question: Can you continue a project for the third time? (I am changing the variables)
Project Due Date: 11/18/10
Project Status: I am just starting

Continuing a project.

Post by kw10 »

I was wondering if you could continue a project for the third time? I will be changing the variables! Please help! Thanks! :mrgreen:
Tdugclark
Former Expert
Project Question: Thermal and noise insulation properties of materials and the relationship between these two different properties
Project Due Date: February,2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Continuing a project.

Post by Tdugclark »

You should check with a teacher at your school to see if this would be ok. In my opinion you should be ok as long as you don't just copy your stuff from your previous experiments, and as long as you new experiment isn't too similar to your previous. Just to be safe though I would check with your teacher.
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Continuing a project.

Post by mpphlipot »

Many science fairs (not sure if all do) require students to complete a "continuation" form if their project is an exension on a previous science project they've done. It simply has you describe what is new with this project as compared to what you did on the previous project. This is used as a guide for the judges so they try to focus just on the latest work done.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”