Best Method?

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

credgirl99
Project Question: I am still deciding on a science fair project topic.
Project Due Date: Sometime in early January
Project Status: I am just starting

Best Method?

Post by credgirl99 »

Hi,

I am doing a science fair project in my school and wanted to test how blenders affect the the amount of vitamin C in orange juice because I have heard that blending produce can reduce the vitamin content. I wanted to know, what is the best way to measure vitamin C content? I have heard of titration methods but was unsure how to proceed. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Best Method?

Post by tdaly »

Hi credgirl99,

Sounds like an interesting project! Science Buddies has several Project Ideas that involve titration to measure vitamin C concentration. If your high school offers a chemsiry class, the chemistry teacher likely has many of the supplies you need, including titration equipment. I've included links to the projects (below) that use titration to measure vitamin C. You would only need to follow the directions that pertain directly to the titration to measure vitamin C content.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure

Let us know if you have questions or if we can help in any other way!
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”