Pre-getting ready

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

asdffdas
Project Question: I am thinking of building an experiment having to do with a superconductor
Project Due Date: May 18
Project Status: I am just starting

Pre-getting ready

Post by asdffdas »

Before I get ready, could I please confirm something?

I live in California
and my science teacher says that I should not do the science fair this year (it's my last year of high school).
However, I saw that the CA science fair is 100 days away...?? Isn't that quite enough time?
HowardE
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Pre-getting ready

Post by HowardE »

I don't know why your teacher is discouraging you from entering, but if you can and you want to, 100 days can certainly be enough time, depending on your project. You have at least 7 or 8 weeks. You can gather a lot of data about something in half of that and still have the rest of the time to write up your results.

Let us know if we can help.

Howard
asdffdas
Project Question: I am thinking of building an experiment having to do with a superconductor
Project Due Date: May 18
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Pre-getting ready

Post by asdffdas »

Thanks........
But do I actually have 100 days?

Maybe my science teacher is talking about a different project?

Could anyone confirm this?

I mean, yes, on the california science fair website, it does say may 18.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”