What should I do?

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

babybluegirl02
Project Question: biology or physics
Project Due Date: February
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

What should I do?

Post by babybluegirl02 »

Hi Everyone!
Currently I am preparing for the state science fair and I was not sure if I should make a powerpoint presentation to have on display during the public viewing and for the judges to see. Thank you very much!!!
agm
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: What should I do?

Post by agm »

If you have a poster, a lot of the information that you would normally include in a powerpoint presentation will already be on the poster. If you include a computer as part of your display, I would recommend showing *additional* information that elaborates on things that you had to abbreviate in the poster or couldn't include (such as videos or animations). The poster should still stand on its own, since you might run into technical difficulties and some people might not take the time to look at the computer.

When judging science fairs, I have seen computers set up in front of posters in a way that enhances the overall presentation -- your idea is a good one. However, you should check the rules of your particular science fair to see if this is allowed and if there will be power outlets available.

Amanda
babybluegirl02
Project Question: biology or physics
Project Due Date: February
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: What should I do?

Post by babybluegirl02 »

Thank you so much!!!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”