Need Help finding a suitable sized board for Science fair

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

wampa
Project Question: The effects of magnetic fields on the electric discharge of a Tesla Coil
Project Due Date: March 20th
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Need Help finding a suitable sized board for Science fair

Post by wampa »

I'm doing a project this year for the SAcramento Science Fair, which is affiliated with ISEF. My project is well under way, but I'm having some difficulty finding a large board suitable for the Fair. The demensions should be around 36 inches wide by 74 inches tall. Does anyone know where i can buy such a sized board?
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need Help finding a suitable sized board for Science fai

Post by amyc »

Hi Wampa -- That does seem like a difficult size to locate! I am guessing you've already tried your local office supply stores as well as craft and hobby stores that might carry large display boards?

I looked at the Elmer's site to see, since they carry a full line of project display boards and adhesives for science fairs, but the largest I'm seeing is 48". http://www.elmers.com/products/foam-and-display-boards/

48" seems to be what I located at most of the sites I checked. Sorry!

Amy
Science Buddies

[ISEF regulations for size: http://www.societyforscience.org/page.a ... 14#MaxSize ]
jmehta14
Former Expert
Project Question: Do probiotics with antibiotics have a greater affect on different types of bacteria?
Project Due Date: March 1st
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Need Help finding a suitable sized board for Science fai

Post by jmehta14 »

Dear Wampa,
My suggestions is to go to a craft store and find a board that matches your size and if you have your data ready they will even mount it for you.

I hope this helps. We have Hobby lobby in our town that do that.

Godd Luck!
jay

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”