REALY NEED HELP!

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

elenaluv

REALY NEED HELP!

Post by elenaluv »

ok, my science fair is due in a couple of weeks and i have already done my testing(how many numbers can a. averege year 7 and 8 remember) but i have no idea on a title! please help!! :shock:
elenaluv

Post by elenaluv »

I also need to know some variables i can use
Sareena Avadhany
Former Expert

Post by Sareena Avadhany »

Hello,

From what I gather, your experiment tests how many numbers a 7 or 8 year old can remember. Is this correct? If not, please clarify.

For variables, you use this _____ depends on _________. That will give you your independent and dependent variables. Your independent variable is something you have manipulated in your experiment. You're testing the memory capacity of human beings. That is pretty difficult, because it is something that varies from person to person. Have you tested in groups? Maybe, if this is what you did, between age groups. Or gender. Maybe you tested the difference between those who score high on school exams and those who don't. That would be something you manipulate.

Your dependent variable of an outcome that the results can quantify. That would be the number of numbers someone can remember.

Looking at what you have tested, it seems that your dependent varable is the number of numbers someone can remember, and the independent variable is the memory capacity of the individual. You can conclude from your data that certain groups have better memories than other groups. Therefore, it seems that your independent variable is not very controlled. Hopefully your sample sizes are quite large, and you did multiple trials. Otherwise, your data might be somewhat invalid. A good sample size is about more than 20 people, and 2 to 3 trials is a good number of repeats.

If you don't understand what I mean, please tell me and I will explain.

As for the title, there are countless number of names you could come up with. Sorry, I'm really not good with creative titles.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Sareena
dad2hearts

Title Help

Post by dad2hearts »

Well for a title you have two ways of approaching the situation. You can either have something catchy like the Prospective Rates at which a Young Child is Able to Recall Information. Or something straightfoward like How much information are children ages 7 or 8 able to remember.
Leilani E.

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”