tarzan

How can surveys be used for a scientific study?

Postby tarzan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:10 pm

I am trying to respond this question. can I help me? thank you

staryl13
Former Expert

Re: How can surveys be used for a scientific study?

Postby staryl13 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Hi!
Surveys can be used in scientific studies, especially when people are trying to find the correlation between different variables. The survey results can then be analyzed using various statistical methods to determine whether there truly is a correlation between the variables or not. Hope this helped!
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." -Isaac Asimov

elin105
Former Expert

Postby elin105 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi!

Generally, surveys are best portrayed when shown in graph form, or pie chart form, depending on the data. Like staryl13 said, this will help find the correlation betweend different variables.

Good luck!

wills_wow
Former Expert

Postby wills_wow » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:39 pm

In other words, surveys are methods of collecting, sorting, and analyzing data. The best surveys are usually those that are equipped with a large amount of information. This way, the scientist can spot the pattern in the data then make conclusions that are consistent and accurate. Surveys are usually also unbiased way of attaining information. This will ensure that the information collected would not be misleading or skewed.

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”