What is more impressive to judges?

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

ilovesciencebuddies
Project Question: Do kids recognize TV Commercials easier by watching a video clip or listening to an audio clip?
Project Due Date: 3/14/08
Project Status: Not applicable

What is more impressive to judges?

Post by ilovesciencebuddies »

I am preparing to compete in a city-wide science fair this Friday, and have a minor question. My project was to see whether kids were able to identify television commercials easier by watching a video clip or listening to an audio clip. In order to demonstrate my project for the school fair, I plugged my iPod into a portable DVD player to play video clips for the judges. Now, for the city fair, I am considering using a different DVD player that is a bit more manageable, (there are less cables to deal with) but I am concerned that the overall display may look less impressive. Do more cables and equipment give the illusion to judges that more effort and skill went into the technology aspect of my project, or will I get the same results with the more manageable cable-free player? Thanks for your time!
MelissaB

Re: What is more impressive to judges?

Post by MelissaB »

I think this is a very personal decision on the part of the judges and is therefore likely to vary. Personally, I would rather not watch a student fumbling with cables if it were possible, so I would say go with the more manageable player--but again, that's just my opinion.
ilovesciencebuddies
Project Question: Do kids recognize TV Commercials easier by watching a video clip or listening to an audio clip?
Project Due Date: 3/14/08
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: What is more impressive to judges?

Post by ilovesciencebuddies »

Thanks for the input :) I think that I will end up using the wireless player - less hassle. Glad to know it won't degrade the effort that went into the technology for my project.

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”