Presentation board

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

mcquinn5
Project Question: Which species has the cleanest mouth
Project Due Date: Nov.7, 2008
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Presentation board

Post by mcquinn5 »

This is my first science fair project. I have completed my experiment and now am ready to prepare my board. Does it matter how the information is displayed on the board? Should each section (Results, materials, hypothesis, etc.) all have a 1" margin and be double spaced as was required in the final paper? Also, I wonder which font that you think is best and should it be the same for each section?
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: Presentation board

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

For tips on setting up your project display I suggest consulting the Science Buddies Science Fair Project Guide, particularly the section on Communicating Your Results. My personal preference (as a former judge of a Science Fair) is to have your font size large enough to read easily from 4 feet away.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml

Best wishes for a successful fair experience!

Barrett Tomlinson
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

Hi,

Here are some of the specific pages under the "Communicating Your Results" section of the Project Guide that I think are most applicable to your question:

How to organize your display board: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... oard.shtml
Information on fonts for display boards: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... onts.shtml

barretttomlinson's comment about making sure that your font sizes are large enough to be read from 4 feet away is an important one! A lot of students make the font on their display board too small; I think that size 20 is about as small as you should go for body text, even though the Science Buddies page says 16-18.

Good luck on the project; let us know how things go!
All the best,
Terik
SRGT BUBBLES
Project Question: wireless sensor network
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by SRGT BUBBLES »

Hello,

When I completed my first science fair project, I had to remember to be myself. The reason why this is important is because it is the the most individualistic projects which stand out. Be yourself when you make your board. I would suggest that you organize your data in a easy to follow format. Most importantly make your project shine through you craft.

Best of Luck
Respectfully,
SRGT BUBBLES

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”