help me to find a journal

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

trogan

help me to find a journal

Post by trogan »

hi
My new topic is "How pH affects the growth of tadpoles?"
I need to find a journal on it that is published by Nature or Science, Can anyone help me?
Travis
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

Trogan,

You can find the websites for Science Magazine and Nature at the following URLS:

http://www.sciencemag.com
http://www.nature.com

I would caution you that Science and Nature can get pretty technical in their writing style.

Science and Nature are both journals. I think that you are lookin for articles in about pH and tadpole development in these journals.

To find articles dealing with your topic, use the search engines located on the webpages. In order to view the full content of an article, you will most likely have to pay a fee.

If you have any trouble, please let me know!

Good Luck!!!
All the best,
Terik
Artshark

Post by Artshark »

A great new tool that searches several (although I do not know how extensive they are) databases in Google's Googlescholar. The unfortunate disadvantage is that this will only link you to abstracts; many of the websites require you to pay a per article/subscription fee. One of the largest databases they encompass is pubmed; I have used it with success to find articles serving my needs. Try searching on Pubmed, and seeing if any of the abstracts your search (try to use focused, concise queries) brings up are good. Bookmark them, and then ask if anyone in your school's science or research department has a Pubmed account (more likely than you think). I'd give you the one of my research director, but I don't think she'd like that! Good luck!

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”