lizetters

one last chance for a mentor

Postby lizetters » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:31 am

I'm a graduating h.s. student and I really want to make my last project a memorable one of which students of lower batches will look me up for help... anyway, I'm in need of a mentor. I've decided on a Meglav train project but I want to make it more special than just letting it float. (I thinking of make it move and have curves.) but physics is my weakest point and unfortunately this is the given area. HELP!!! this is my first time in attempt to look for a mentor...
It's a weird world, don't you know it?

Artshark

Re: one last chance for a mentor

Postby Artshark » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:03 pm

lizetters wrote:I'm a graduating h.s. student and I really want to make my last project a memorable one of which students of lower batches will look me up for help... anyway, I'm in need of a mentor. I've decided on a Meglav train project but I want to make it more special than just letting it float. (I thinking of make it move and have curves.) but physics is my weakest point and unfortunately this is the given area. HELP!!! this is my first time in attempt to look for a mentor...

While you may simply think of 'scientists', many of my peers(as well as myself!) are using professionals in industries as mentors, and ending up with equally as impressive projects. Not only does magnetic levitation deal with (ofcourse) magnetism and projectile physics, but public transportation, such as locomotives, are a field many civil engineers specialize in. You may not live close to your local county/city bureau of transportation, but such a place may be the ideal location to find someone in the field. Good luck!

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”