I need help with topic!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

msher11

I need help with topic!

Post by msher11 »

Hi I am creating a project with the arcGIS software but I am unsure on what topics I should investigate... If you have any ideas please let me know! :)
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: I need help with topic for arcGIS project

Post by MadelineB »

Hello msher,

One way to find ideas for topics is to browse the Science Buddies project database. In addition to browsing, you could also use the search function.

You might also just use the search bar at the top right of the page. For example, I search for "arcGIS" and found several "Eureka" news items:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/search?s=arcGIS

I will also cross-post your question to the grades 9-12 Physical Sciences forum in case those experts have some suggestions.

Let us know what you find and if you have more questions!
Yasmin_Hussain

Re: I need help with topic!

Post by Yasmin_Hussain »

Since ArcGIS is some kind of software for working with maps and geographic information. Why don't you try on experiments about our earth climate changes?
msher11

Post by msher11 »

Thank you! do you have any specific examples on what exactly about climate change to focus on?
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Msher11,

Science Buddies has a searchable database with over 1200 science projects. Here's a link that shows you 42 science projects which include some aspect of climate change. You might find several of these projects which seem appropriate for using arcGIS. You could create your own project by combining the features which interest you from several projects.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/search?v ... ate+change

Let us know what you find and one or more of the Science Buddies experts will be glad to help you define your project!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”