Topic in Astrophysics for Siemens competition

Questions related to finding and working with a mentor, finding an idea, etc.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Mariaandparth
Project Question: My friend and I are entering the Siemens Science competition. We have ideas of what to research, but this is our first year, so we don't really know what we are doing. We were wondering what types of things they are looking for in the paper, and what we should do to attain these things.
Project Due Date: September 30th
Project Status: I am just starting

Topic in Astrophysics for Siemens competition

Post by Mariaandparth »

My friend and I are entering the team division of the Siemens competition, and we want to do something in astrophysics. However, we are not entirely sure what we want to do, or even what type of thing we are supposed to do; as this is our first year. Does anyone have any advice?
Mariaandparth
Project Question: My friend and I are entering the Siemens Science competition. We have ideas of what to research, but this is our first year, so we don't really know what we are doing. We were wondering what types of things they are looking for in the paper, and what we should do to attain these things.
Project Due Date: September 30th
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Topic in Astrophysics for Siemens competition

Post by Mariaandparth »

I think asteroid mining would a good idea for a project in astrophysics. Hope this helps!
-Not Mariaandparth
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Topic in Astrophysics for Siemens competition

Post by tdaly »

Hi Mariaandparth,

I'm excited to hear that you are planning to enter the Siemens Competition. I participated in it myself, and had a fun time doing so. What makes you interested in astrophysics? It's very important that you choose a project that you are extremely passionate about--that's what will give you the drive to push through and work on the project. Asteroids are very interesting (a large part of my own research actually relates to asteroids). Is there anything particular in astronomy or astrophysics that captures your interest?
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Getting Started”