Space i need help figuring this out.

Questions related to finding and working with a mentor, finding an idea, etc.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Bear2019

Space i need help figuring this out.

Post by Bear2019 »

For so long I've thinking way to much about this one question. "Whats behind the black space that we see today, is it possible that we live in some sort of black hole?" i ask this questions because I've always wondered why space is black but we see lights and how people say that light can not escape black holes but i thought about what would be in a black hole... I think that a black hole must of opened up and created the big bang by a massive star collapse,on the out side of the black hole i assume we live in, since the big bang formed everything, i think that maybe what we actually live in is a white space or something, because since you first started out was with a big huge light when the big bang happened where did that light come from Thats why i ask this... please help me I want to figure out if my theory is right. I'm Nick in 9th grade, and I love science, just I want to make sure this is a true thing of what I'm thinking about.
Last edited by Bear2019 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Space i need help figuring this out.

Post by tdaly »

Hi Bear2019,

Cosmology--which is the branch of astrophysics that deals with the kinds of questions you are asking--is a field in which many people have widely differing views. There is at least one cosmologist (Nikodem Poplawski at the University of New Haven) whose theories are somewhat related to what you are talking about. You can look at his website here:

http://math.newhaven.edu/poplawski/

Figuring out whether such a theory is correct is very tricky business. Figuring out how to test people's cosmological theories is a major challenge in the field. If you are interested in this type of science, you might look up a book called "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene or "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Getting Started”