can blood pressure medications help Alzheimer's patients

Questions related to finding and working with a mentor, finding an idea, etc.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

anishac

can blood pressure medications help Alzheimer's patients

Post by anishac »

Hi,

I am a sophomore in high school, and this is my first time doing the regional science fair, so I am a bit confused.

My project will involve a C elegans model of Alzheimer's disease, and because there is a relationship between high blood pressure and Alzheimer's, I want to test how high blood pressure medications may help Alzheimer's.

Two Questions:

1. Can I perform my experiment in a high school science classroom?

2. I've heard that the biomedical section of our regional science fair is always the most competitive, and has people coming up with cures for some disease. It is just my first time, so If I want to win, should I take my project in a slightly different direction and to a different category?

Thank you so much!
Last edited by MadelineB on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: show case the question!
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: can blood pressure medications help Alzheimer's patients

Post by tdaly »

Hi anishac,

Your local SRC committee will be best able to help you decide whether you can do your project in your classroom.

With regards to project category, my advice would be to take the project in the direction you are most passionate about. All of the categories at the Intel ISEF will be very competitive. Your best bet is to pursue a topic you are really interested in and to do your work thoroughly.
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Getting Started”