alakais391

Research Paper

Postby alakais391 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:24 am

Hello, I have qualified for ISEF 2019. For my project I developed a new robotic surgical system that improves surgical skill and performance, and accelerates surgeon learning. My design replaces the current Da Vinci controllers with Nintendo Switch Joycons. I was wondering would it help me if I publish my research paper in a journal or if I get a preprint while I'm waiting for the journal to peer review? Also, I didn't get a patent yet, so would that have a negative impact on my score?
Thank you

MadelineB

Re: Research Paper

Postby MadelineB » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Hello Alakais and congratulations on making it to ISEF 2019!

First of all, I have only judged science projects at ISEF, I have not judged engineering projects, so other experts here should definitely add their suggestions!

Second, I think your first priority for preparing for ISEF 2019, is to make sure you are ready for the interviews. Here's a link to some suggestions:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... mpetitions

That said, it will be very useful if you do have a pre-print or even a draft of your paper describing your project. You can include that with your lab notebook, or even have it in a separate notebook.

If you have started preparing the documentation for applying for a patent, you could include that as well.

Best wishes for great success at ISEF!

alakais391

Re: Research Paper

Postby alakais391 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Thank you

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”