Research Report for INTEL

Questions related to preparing to attend an advanced competition. Experts will answer your questions and provide advice based on their first hand experience competing at advanced competitions. Talk to other students who will be attending and prepare together.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Minuoja
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: February 20th 2011: deadline to upload the written report
Project Status: I am just starting

Research Report for INTEL

Post by Minuoja »

Hi,

I am currently writing down my report for INTEL. My report is currently 11 pages long (without the title page, the table of contents, the references) and I am trying to shorten it. I have a lot of difficulties since I am feeling that all what I have now as information is important and relevant. I would like to know if the ''reagents'' need to be listed as in a scientifc article in the report? If not, it could shorten my report a little more. Also, I have summarized my conclusion in my discussion as in a scientific article. Is it acceptable, or should I do a separate conclusion?

Thank you for your help,

Minuoja
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Research Report for INTEL

Post by amyc »

Are you preparing for Intel ISEF? (There is more than one Intel science competition.) The best approach is to review information on the ISEF site regarding any rules and suggestions for the research paper. A research paper is not "required," though it is recommended. I am not sure if there is a page length limit, but you should research further to determine this. http://www.societyforscience.org/Page.aspx?pid=355

If you are first participating in a local (school, county, state) fair, that fair may have requirements for your paper component.

Good luck!
Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Preparing for the Competition”