Communication of Results

Questions related to preparing to attend an advanced competition. Experts will answer your questions and provide advice based on their first hand experience competing at advanced competitions. Talk to other students who will be attending and prepare together.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

shubap

Communication of Results

Post by shubap »

Hi!

I am participating in my regional science fair for the first time this year. I am just about finished with my actual project.
Although everything went really well and I proved my hypothesis using fluorescence imaging to collect my data, it hit me that almost every science fair project has graphs/charts/tables. I realized that since my data is qualitative (it is all imaging; the amount of cells is quite visible), I won't have graphs/tables/charts. My question is, are pictures an adequate form of of communicating results? Will I be penalized for not having "number" data?

Thank you!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Communication of Results

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Shubap,
My apologies that your question hasn't been answered. Do you plan to show images that illustrate the results for your treatment/experimental situation and contrast those images with images that illustrate the (lack of) results for your control (non-treated) situation? I suggest that you carefully and clearly label each set of images so the judges can easily see the differences. Best of luck and be sure to let us know how your project fared.

Return to “Preparing for the Competition”