Gaming programmer or Computer Hardware engineer Interview

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

45dbe355480240459525e92a615e91f5

Gaming programmer or Computer Hardware engineer Interview

Post by 45dbe355480240459525e92a615e91f5 »

I have an assignment were I need to find a person to interview. The person that I am interviewing needs to have the profession of something that I would like to pursue in the future. So the profession that I decided on was either a gaming programmer or computer hardware engineer. There are a series of 12 questions below.

1. As a teenager, what did you think your job would be as an adult?

2. What was your first paid work experience? Was it during high school or afterward? How many hours a week did you work? What did you get paid?

3. What three things did you learn from that job? Did these experiences help shape your career and current job?

4. As you continued on your educational and career path, did you have a mentor who inspired you to approach the working world in a certain way? Please explain.

5. Can you please provide a brief explanation of your current job position and your employer? Did you ever expect to be working in this job?

6. How many jobs have you had before this one? What were they and how did these experiences prepare you for your current job?

7. Did you need any specific education or training in order to qualify for your current job? If so, what was it? If not, what skills or education do you wish you had? How did you get that education and training?

8. What do you enjoy most about your work and what do you find most challenging?

9. If you could give one piece of advice to high school students about planning your careers and work experience?

10. What would you have done differently in high school, knowing what you now know about careers and work experience?

11. How does a typical day at work look like?

12. What is the situation of the working area that you work in?

Return to “Interview Requests”