Biology

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Shefy08
Project Question: My extended essay focuses on the subject area Biology on the topic - To what extent does genetics play a vital role in one being diagnosed with diabetes. Then I wanted to take this topic to the next level by analyzing the trend in India.
Project Due Date: February 21st, 2015
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Biology

Post by Shefy08 »

I am doing a research paper on the topic - To what extent does genetics play a vital role in one being diagnosed with diabetes?
I have found some material focusing on HLA, Beta - Cells, T- cells, obesity, glucose intolerance, but I am still unclear on my answer to the topic question. If any of you guys have any information please do help me.
SandbaggerOne
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer expert.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Biology

Post by SandbaggerOne »

Here is a paper from the World Health Organization with some godd references to help you leanr more.

http://www.who.int/genomics/about/Diabetis-fin.pdf

Cheers,
Colin
Shefy08
Project Question: My extended essay focuses on the subject area Biology on the topic - To what extent does genetics play a vital role in one being diagnosed with diabetes. Then I wanted to take this topic to the next level by analyzing the trend in India.
Project Due Date: February 21st, 2015
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by Shefy08 »

Thanks Colin for your help the article was really helpful.
I tweaked my topic so it can be narrower now I am just looking at how the mutation of the HLA region causes or results in diabetes.
SandbaggerOne
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer expert.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by SandbaggerOne »

Great, glad it helped!

Return to “Interview Requests”