Questions to Professionals in the Field of Science or Environmental Policy

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Fukuzawa

Questions to Professionals in the Field of Science or Environmental Policy

Post by Fukuzawa »

Hello,

I am a college student who is currently writing a research paper for an environmental policy class. My topic of research is the current EPA's decision to reverse its proposed ban on chlorpyrifos, a pesticide that is widely used in agricultural products and is known to be harmful to neurodevelopment of unborn babies.

In order to gain insights into this topic, I would like to ask professionals in the field of science or environmental policy a few questions. If you have articles/papers/books that you have written about this topic, you are more than welcome to direct me to them!

My questions are in the following:
1. What do you think about the EPA's decision to reverse the ban of chlorpyrifos? Do you think the EPA has true justifications for its decisions?
2. Do you think the use of chlorpyrifos will eventually be banned completely in the United States? If so, how long do you think will it take to achieve such result, and how much efforts are needed from activists, scientists, lawyers, politicians, and other people to achieve this result?

Since I will be incorporating your answers into my research paper, if you could provide some background information about yourself (such as the field of study you are in), that would be great!

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Yoshi
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Questions to Professionals in the Field of Science or Environmental Policy

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Yoshi,
The Ask the Expert forums are students in grades K-12 who are going science projects. There are other sites on the web which are more appropriate for your questions. Thank you.

Return to “Interview Requests”