Tesla Coil artwork

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

apontc

Tesla Coil artwork

Post by apontc »

Greetings!

I am currently installing a piece of artwork is about 69.5 x 72.5 x 6 inches. It consists of an acrylic lightbox with neon fixtures powered by 4 tesla coils. Each coil is attached to a high frequency Franceformer 4060P with the following specs: primary 120V, sec. 4,000V, 60Hz, 260 V.A., M.A. 60.

I am concerned with the electromagnetic field being generated by the setup and how this will affect the public when visiting the gallery space. We experienced issues with electronics when they were placed near the object.

This is a two part object. One is the lightbox and the second component holds the coils which will be installed directly behind the lightbox. Two coils are on at a time for 14 minutes.

I am concerned with safety and would like to know if there is anyone in the forums who is an expert on the subject.

I really appreciate any information you could throw us our way.

Again, many thanks for your time.

C
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Tesla Coil artwork

Post by MadelineB »

Hello,
These sound like very important questions, however, this forum is for students in grades K-12 who are doing science projects. There are other sites on the web where your questions would be more appropriate. Thank you.

Return to “Interview Requests”